applying-wait for scores?

Hello!
I took the April 03 MCAT–what a trip–and am now gearing up for applications. I really have no idea how I did on the MCAT, so should I wait for scores before submitting the application? Or should I just go for it and plunk down that cash now?

I have the same question! smile.gif

well there is a sneaky work around. I understand that when you start up an app, that the systems are integrated so that aamc's extortion money is nullified. You can get your scores from within the application windows. Where exactly I do not know, but I recall that this was confirmed last year as true.

Last year, AAMC was ‘nice enough’ to let you see your scores online for the low, low fee of $15. There was a workaround though. If you logged into your AMCAS app and selected the ‘format for printing’ option, your MCAT scores would show up.
THIS year all that jazz isn’t required. They’re letting you retreive your scores online free. It’s incredibly generous of them, since the testing itself only cost $180 rolleyes.gif

Unless you're doing the AACOMAS…

Unless you're doing the AACOMAS

Which I am working on right now. I tried to start an AMCAS app but I keep getting locked out because I forgot that dangblasted password I picked when signing up for the MCAT. I have called twice and had the thing reset with a zillion temp passwords, and nada. So for now, I am putting AMCAS on the back burner. DO is my first choice, anyway smile.gif

You do not use the MCAT password for AMCAS. I tried the same thing and I did have my password from MCAT but then saw somewhere that you need a new one.

You do not use the MCAT password for AMCAS. I tried the same thing and I did have my password from MCAT but then saw somewhere that you need a new one.

Yeah, you use your MCAT login info and once in the app, you are prompted to create a new password. But since I forgot the info, I kept getting locked out. Turns out that they had my old email address in the system from when I registered for the MCAT, and they couldn't even change it internally. After 6 phone calls and 2 supervisor interventions, I was finally able to log in!