Attention OPM Members

To better serve our OPM members, we are asking that you please take a minute to tell us where you live. If you live in Canada or Mexico please choose the closest region that borders your province. Thank you!

HEY EVERYONE…DON’T FORGET TO ANSWER THE SURVEY!

rgreene5 - Houston, TX.

I seem to recall a “Ron Greene” from the Houston area who used to be fairly active in OPM, but faded away a couple of years back. Would that be you?

If yes, welcome back!

If no, then welcome to OPM!

I currently live in Bradenton, Florida (transplant from Long Island, NY). I’m 42 and have been always drawn towards medicine (currently work at one of the hospitals as a Health Unit Coordinator/Monitor tech). For quite a while I had thought of going to nursing school, but even despite numerous times applying and being accepted, it is medical school and not nursing school that I want to go. I’ve got my associates degree, but I still need to work on my bachelors. If things work out, I would hope to apply for Fall 2009.

My question is this…how do medical schools look at bachelors degrees done online? I am looking at the University of Maryland. I would of course finished my science prereqs on campus.

Also, how does one start a thread?

Kris