Become an OPM Member

HELP US MATCH A $1,000 CHALLENGE DONATION! BECOME AN OPM MEMBER!
From its humble beginnings as a six person mailing list just a few short years ago, OPM, the National Society for Non-Traditional Pre-Medical& Medical Students, has grown into an organization of nearly 4,000 registered users on our website. The sixth Annual conference held last June attracted over a hundred participants and vendors. Whether you are a new pre-med, a third year student in medical school, or just about to finish residency, OPM has fostered a community, where we have helped each other pass organic chemistry, write an application essay, and provide support in the moments of doubt when the work load seems too much and the goal unattainable. With our help, many people have found that their dreams can still be achieved, no matter the age, and now bear the coveted title of doctor.
A $1000 dollar for dollar matching donation is being offered from members of the OPM Board, Executive Committee and others as an incentive to all of us!
The success of OPM has achieved much on very little money. Our organization has been built almost entirely upon the efforts of a handful of volunteers. Even with their commitments to school, family, and jobs, these volunteers still spend long hours building and maintaining the web site, organizing and planning the annual conference, and adding their thoughts and views to the forums.
Matching the $1000 dollar challenge contribution will help us get to a new level!
A level where the web site can boast an in-depth library of information for our community; a level where we can produce an online journal to gather articles from members, doctors, premedical advisors, program directors, and others whose input and insights are so crucial to being a successful premed; a level where we can attract more presenters and vendors from all areas of medical education to our yearly conference.
We now need your time, your efforts, and your commitment by becoming a donating member of OPM and help match a $1000 dollar challenge contribution!
No matter your contribution, be it $5, $10, $25 dollars or more, it will be matched dollar for dollar, up to $1000 donated by members of the OPM Board/Executive Committee and others. Whatever you donate, it can be worth double! Any donation, no matter how small or large, will count towards this total. Send your contributions to:
Old Premeds, Inc.
P.O. Box 381912
Cambridge, MA 02238-1912

Please include your OPM screen name and email address when donating. If you prefer, you can donate from the OPM web site; Click on the PayPal Link on top of page. If you have a question or suggestion, send an email to fundraising@oldpremeds.org
Your contribution can make a difference!
On behalf of the OPM Board and Executive Committee, thank you.

Can donations still be made via PayPal or do the donations have to be made to the above address in order to qualify for the matching donations?
Thanks!

I believe either way works - but I will let Rich make the final reply because he is da man!
Drop him a PM why don’t ya?

Either one works! There’s a slight financial advantage for OPM if you send a check, because PayPal charges us a fee off the top for each transaction. But we get a lot more out of the PayPal donation you make today than the check you never have a chance to mail, so do what works for you!

I know that this is a silly question, but do you still accept donations?

I really am grateful for this website as it makes me feel that there are other “oldsters” like me, who are still working towards a medical degree.

Kris

• Krisss17 Said:
I know that this is a silly question, but do you still accept donations?

I really am grateful for this website as it makes me feel that there are other "oldsters" like me, who are still working towards a medical degree.

Kris

Does a bear poo-poo in the woods? YES - we openly & gladly accept all donations no matter how BIG or small

Seriously, OPM does accept them & greatly appreciates it. It is easy to do. Simply mail a check or submit via the OPM PayPal acct.

PayPal e-mail: OldManDave2003@yahoo.com

OPM Corp addy:

OldPreMeds, Inc.

10 Benning St.

PMB #223

West Lebanon, NH 03784