Ben-Gurion University and International Medicine

Hi Everyone,

I am very seriously considering applying to Ben-Gurion University in Israel and to others like it with a serious commitment to International and Community Health.

I just wanted to get a feel for others out there that may be interested or know those who have studied at Ben Gurion. After a quick search of the forums, it looks like this topic hasn’t come up since '04.

Thanks!

• planetron Said:
Hi Everyone,

I am very seriously considering applying to Ben-Gurion University in Israel and to others like it with a serious commitment to International and Community Health.

I just wanted to get a feel for others out there that may be interested or know those who have studied at Ben Gurion. After a quick search of the forums, it looks like this topic hasn't come up since '04.

Thanks!

Planetron,

check out this thread on studentdoctor.net.

Good luck,

Thanks ttraub!

That was a very helpful discussion that I hadn’t seen!

Just in case there are other idealist humanitarian front-line types - Ben-Gurion is a medical school heavily slanted to those interested in general practice in resource strapped and developing regions/countries. It seems to be where returned Peace Corps volunteers land. The more I read, the more my enthusiasm for their program grows. It appears to have a strong focus on the sociology and cross-cultural elements of health care.

Jeremy