Big Olympic News

Well, I just heard the big news. The US has won, for the first time ever, a metal in … curling.
I am just so proud.

Curling rules! Ever watch it?

While I am quite proud of the accomplishments of our athletes & send them a heart-felt congrats…I just can’t ‘see’ curling as a sport. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am all for activities that a fat, out-of-shape guy (like myself) can do while drinking him-/her-self into oblivion…sorta like bowling or fishing…but it just does not meet or exceed my personal threshold for designation as a sport. But, for that matter, nor does golf, bowling, shuffleboard, darts or several other activities I consider “games” - but that is merely my own opinion & matters not for $hit in the grand scheme of things!

GO US CURLERS!!!

I love it because it’s something I could see myself trying after snowmobiling and dirnking a couple adult beverages up in the Northwoods of WI.
My husband and I have caught ourselves watching it on some obscure ESPN channel a few times and were enthralled

Oh - it looks like a total BLAST! I would love to try it! But, I just don’t see it as an olympic-class event…any more than poker or pictionary.

He he, yeah, it’s definitely not too exerting. My husband still holds out hope that rugby will make its way into the summer Olympics someday

Quote:

Oh - it looks like a total BLAST! I would love to try it! But, I just don’t see it as an olympic-class event…any more than poker or pictionary.

Honest to God truth here… Some friends and I went on a snowmobiling trip to Hearst Ontario CA for a week. We wanted to do some curling and there was a place two blocks from where we were staying that had curling. We called and asked about trying it out and they were completely booked with leagues!!! I never would have thought that curling would have been that popular.

Well, the thing is, until this week, I had no idea Curling was an Olympic sport. Oh, I knew it was a sport (game), but not in the Olympics. So, now, see, I’m all fired up, because my Olympic dream has been revived. There IS something that I could, conceivably, learn to do well enough to try for the Olympics. You know, in case this whole medicine thing doesn’t work out.
Epi