Biochem after MCAT?

Hi All,

I am 2 weeks away from beginning my first semester as a transfer student to a CSU. Unfortunately, the prerequisite sciences I completed towards a BSN (my initial goal when I began my move to healthcare 7 years ago) do not satisfy requirements for either a BS in Biology or medical school. This means I am basically starting out as a sophomore who didn’t take any sciences the first year, rather than a junior. I have worked out a course schedule to earn a BS in Health Science with a Biology minor which will require a full course load for the next 3 years with summers. My final year will be primarily elective requirements and the capstone project, but I won’t be able to take Biochem until Fall 2019. My question is, do I need to wait until I complete that course in order to be successful on the MCAT? And if I do end up needing to space things out a bit more to maintain my grades (I’m still working), I am assuming I need to have all my sciences completed before submitting an application, is that correct? My goal is to take the MCAT that Spring, or the previous Summer if I can do it without the Biochem, and apply in 2020 for 2021 admission.

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.