Books and more books...

Okay…I’m packing up my household, including the contents of our bookshelves, to move out-of-state to med school.
Here’s the question for those of you IN or beyond med school: what, if any, of your pre-med texts have you used at all since being a MS-1? So far, I’m packing up my medical and scientific dictionaries, biochem, micro, and genetics texts. Is anything else from pre-meds worth moving?
Inquiring minds want to know cool.gif
Thanks!

Mary,
I used my A&P text a couple of times to go back and look at some figures that I remember having had. But I agree with Dr. Graham about minimizing having too many resources around. I never used my cell bio, organic, or physics texts from post-bacc. Sounds like you've kept the ones I would've kept though.
Hope this helps,
Tara

QUOTE (Mary Bois Byrne @ Jun 2 2003, 12:02 PM)
Okay...I'm packing up my household, including the contents of our bookshelves, to move out-of-state to med school.
Here's the question for those of you IN or beyond med school: what, if any, of your pre-med texts have you used at all since being a MS-1? So far, I'm packing up my medical and scientific dictionaries, biochem, micro, and genetics texts. Is anything else from pre-meds worth moving?
Inquiring minds want to know cool.gif ...
Thanks!

Hey Mary,
Get rid of all your pre-med stuff. It isn't worth the money to move it and you can make a deserving pre-med happy. You are going to be doing a major cleaning effort after each year of medical school so don't start behind. When you get to Blacksburg, it will be more difficult to get rid of the stuff so jettison it now.
Natalie

I haven't used anything from undergrad or grad school.
I did already have a medical dictionary that I have used, though.