Buying Books--Now I Am Puzzled

I went to my campus bookstore and wrote down the info on the three books that I need for this fall semester. I found them on line and they are more expensive on line! That just blew me away–I am heading back to the campus tomorrow to get the ones at the store. I am wondering if anyone else found this to be true? I wanted to save some bucks…I will save about $10 per book by using our handy dandy store…
E Lynne

I didnt have time to look online…I went in a few hours before the freshman rush for books and I wanted to be sure Ihad first crack at the used (ie cheaper) books…
If anyone knows this to be true, I would be curious…
Mike

It depends on the book. For me, the used copies of my physics textbook were cheaper in the bookstore–IF I bought it in two volumes, one for each semester, the way they sell it. But I bought both volumes in one online and DID save. There’s no way around it; you have to price the individual titles.

Despite my faith that the internet would always be better, I found little difference in price for my Bio and Chem books. The few bucks saved would have been eaten up in shipping, not too mention one of the books was back ordered for 3 to 5 weeks.

Amazon.com’s Z-shops have worked well for me in this regard. The trick is that you have to buy them at odd times (mid-semester or so) otherwise they go almost too fast to catch.