Can I adequately prepare for MCAT while taking Biochem in the spring?

Hello all,

So I am a non traditional applicant who is doing a DIY postbacc to get my 2 semesters of physics, ochem 2 and biochem. I would end up taking biochem in the spring semester. I am wondering if it is doable to adequately prepare for the MCAT while taking biochemistry in the spring. I would hope to take the MCAT at the start of summer so I can apply for schools next cycle. Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I would say it totally depends on yourself! Everyone learns differently and at a different pace! For instance i need to study for a couple days before a test right now in undergrad and my wife that just graduated from pharmacy school would only study the day before her test for an entire block and pass with 90+ percent! Also, it depends what the rest of workload will be like during that time like if you are going to take other classes as well, working, etc… I think it’s definitely possible if you lay out a good study plan and outline of what you need to complete by what date. Definitely give yourself an extra 2 weeks before your actual test date so if you get behind for some reason or need to spend more time on something you’ll be able to!

Well I hope that helps answer your question or helps out a little bit!
Good luck!