I graduated with a B.S in biology 2015, with 3.1 cGPA. I took a few gap years, studied for MCAT in 2016 took the exam, and ended up voiding the score in fear of doing bad. Since then I haven’t retaken it. After this I decided to start a Master’s progam (which had a linkage with a medical school) in spring 2017, I had some academic struggles ( I had to repeat a course 3 times before being able to continue with any other courses, which held me back) along with a lack of academic support provided by the school. Due to this I ended up withdrawing from the program in spring 2020.
I felt despite my gpa I still wanted to pursue medicine and go to med school, so I decided to apply to carribean schools ( never applied to US schools). I got accepted fall 2020, and did not pass!
I also found out dishearten details about the carribean med school I’m attending which are major red flags that I just can’t ignore or forget.
Now I am trying to decide if I should
A. Continue at this school ( no academic support or resources for students) and repeat the semester
B. Transfer to a new carribean school (one with academic support for students who want or need it like me)
C. Take time off to work and strengthen my application, apply to Us schools
D. Discontinue my pursuit for becoming a doctor entirely.
Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated!