Chemistry Placement Annoyance

Update - Khan Academy rules. I wish there was a resource like this when I took high school chemistry. If there was, I would have liked science a lot more and I’d probably be done with residency already!

• AndyCFI Said:
Update - Khan Academy rules. I wish there was a resource like this when I took high school chemistry. If there was, I would have liked science a lot more and I'd probably be done with residency already!

I definitely second this!!!

Mwah hah ha! Another Khan-convert.

Seriously, if it had existed (or I’d known about it, maybe it already was up then?) when I started at university it could have saved me so much time.

I love showing it to the teens I tutor and giving them the power to control their learning.

• Matt1986 Said:
"Introduction to Chemistry" was the best thing I ever did (I got A's in the whole chem sequence after). ... And as for the whole extra semester thing: What is the difference between a doctor who is 41 and a doctor who is 42 in the grand scheme of things (or whatever age you are +/- 1)?

An update in case anyone else finds themselves in the same spot.

I took the chem placement exam in December, and I missed it by one point. For a person who's never taken chem, I was pleased. Khan academy is great and was a big help.

Fast forward 7+ months. I am going to take Matt1986's advice and register for intro to chem. After seeing the exam, I could probably get into gen chem as I know what to expect, but I'd rather get the intro and set myself up for A's.

Thanks everyone!