chiropractic

Leave it to the JD crazy enough to be looking into medical school after law school to ask this type of question, but has anyone here thought about going for a D.C.?

we have actually has several DC going in DO

Nope! Never.

• gonnif Said:

really? why? Once you can adjust isn't that the goal for that field of practice?

I thought about it along time ago. Applied and got accepted to Palmer in Iowa. Visited the school, found an apartment, etc. About a week before classes started, I changed my mind. I didn’t like the uncertainty of job prospects, running a business, “selling” a service. Also, at that time I wanted to join the military and chiropractors weren’t being commissioned in that field.

• Sisyphus Said:
  • gonnif Said:

really? why? Once you can adjust isn't that the goal for that field of practice?

Because a chiropractor practice is solely limited to manipulation, where as a DO is a full fledged physician with 300 hours of OMM training.

• gonnif Said:
  • Sisyphus Said:
  • gonnif Said:

Because a chiropractor practice is solely limited to manipulation, where as a DO is a full fledged physician with 300 hours of OMM training.

good point. Did they say why they went DC first if their goal was to do full?

Not that I know of. Most people do not pick one medical profession as a stepping stone to another.

As related point, the AAMC collects and reports all the statistics for applicants and matriculants each year. Across the seven categories of majors seven categories of majors the work acceptance ratio is for specialized health sciences at 33%. Indeed, applicants and matriculants from this group, at have the lowest average MCAT scores across majors at 25.6 and 29.6 respectively.

While statistically it appears that applicant’s major has an impact on acceptance, controlling for GPA and MCAT, you find that matriculants across majors have about GPAs 3.6, GPA 3.7 and MCAT about 30.

ok. Good points. And thanks for the link to the stats.