Like all the rest of you I too am interested to enter the field of medicine.
I am now trying to gather as much information as possible to start with the prereq’s.
I have a BS in Computer Science and with 3.98 GPA. Currently I am working as a software engineer but I always wanted to go for the medical field since my childhood. And this is one country where it is possible to still be able to fulfil your dreams. So here I come
Now as part of my preparation I started lookinga the prerequisites and following are the ones that are recommended:
- One year of General Biology with lab.
- One year of General Chemistry with lab.
- One year of Organic Chemistry with lab.
- One year of Physics with lab (does not need to be calculus-based).
- One year of English (66% of all schools).
- College Math and/or Calculus (32% of all schools).
- Humanities Electives (17% of all schools) .
Although I have math, physics, and chemistry covered from my past degree I still would like to take them again to refresh my skills
Now the question that I have is that I am not sure what type of Biology should I enroll in?
I plan to do my prereqs from UNC Charlotte and following link gives you the list of Bio subjects. I am at a loss which one should I consider so that it would help with MCAT preparation as well.
I have the same confusion for the chemistry courses. Any advise from anyone here would be much appreciated.