Class of 2009 Acceptance thread

Holy crap! What an amazing list! I am particularly impressed at the casual nonchalant way you guys are just adding your names to the list. “Oh, by the way, got my first acceptance today.” Man, you all are cool.
Mary

Congrats to everyone!

rsmit9
Loyola - 10/23 - snail mail
Crazy Horse
U. of Cincinnati - 10/27 - snail mail
Medical College of Ohio - 10/30 - snail mail
Boeing
KCOM - 11/11
Des Moines University - 11/15
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/22
ex-lurker - living proof that some old skeletons in your community college closet can be exorcised.
UKentucky-call
Saint Louis University-snail
ETSU-Snail
pushkin (what will I do now that I can’t keep complaining about med school admissions? Say NICE things?? Nah!)
Johns Hopkins - phone
UConn - email
Northwestern - post

I too am amazed at how you all just nonchalantly add to the list. Talk about cool cats. I would be bouncing off the ceiling!
Shirl

OK guys, if I’m having this kind of success, it truly can be done. I officially have more acceptances than the number of interviews my pre-med advisor predicted I’d get!!
I would have been happy with one acceptance… I’m not prepared to have a choice…very humbling to have ad comms say “yes you can” after so many told me “no you can’t”. This is of course excluding certain kool kats I know reading my posts .
Merry Christmas to me; I’m asking for acceptances for OPMers still waiting
OOh…and maybe a parka in case Santa brings me the nod from my first choice
rsmit9
Crazy Horse
Boeing
KCOM - 11/11
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/22
ex-lurker - living proof that some old skeletons in your community college closet can be exorcised.
UKentucky-call
ETSU-snail(+ email)
UTenn -snail
pushkin (what will I do now that I can’t keep complaining about med school admissions? Say NICE things?? Nah!)
Johns Hopkins - phone
UConn - email
Northwestern - post

Oh you guys, way to go! Consider this a pat on the back, you deserve your success. I am happy for you and a little envious. This is good…very good

Congrats everyone!

Wow, and I didn’t even think I’d be getting secondaries from some of these schools… Now things are going to quiet down for awhile I think.
rsmit9
Crazy Horse
Boeing
KCOM - 11/11
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/22
UKentucky-call
ETSU-snail(+ email)
UTenn -snail
pushkin
Johns Hopkins - phone
UConn - email
Northwestern - snail mail
GWU - snail
U of Chicago - snail

rsmit9
Crazy Horse
Boeing
KCOM - 11/11
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/22
UKentucky-call
ETSU-snail(+ email)
UTenn -snail
pushkin
Johns Hopkins - phone
UConn - email
GWU - snail
U of Chicago - snail
Amy_Beaupre
University of Cincinnati - 12/09, status page

rsmit9

Crazy Horse

Boeing

KCOM - 11/11

adennis

LECOM-Bradenton 11/22

UKentucky-call

ETSU-snail(+ email)

UTenn -snail

pushkin

Johns Hopkins - phone

UConn - email

GWU - snail

U of Chicago - snail

Amy_Beaupre

Wild Bill

University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine

Congrats Amy! I’ll probably see you there next August! I have one more interview in January (UPitt), but for now, Cincy is my first choice. Two “old timers” in the same class–those young’uns won’t know what to think.

Crazy Horse,
I have upcoming interviews at Wright State and MCO. I am leaning heavily toward UC, but haven’t made any definite decisions yet. I still hope to hear from Ohio State.
Somehow, I get the impression that we won’t be the only “old timers” in the class at UC. I talked to a third year when I was there who was probably in her 40’s. She said she wasn’t the oldest one in her class and that there were lots of non-trads.
Amy

rsmit9
Crazy Horse
Virginia Commonwealth Univ. - 12/14 - email
Boeing
KCOM - 11/11
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/22
UKentucky-call
ETSU-snail(+ email)
UTenn -snail
pushkin
Johns Hopkins - phone
UConn - email
GWU - snail
U of Chicago - snail
Amy_Beaupre
Wild Bill

Crazy Horse -
Check your private messages.

rsmit9
Crazy Horse
Boeing
KCOM - 11/11
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/22
VCOM 12/17
UKentucky-call
ETSU-snail(+ email)
UTenn -snail
pushkin
Johns Hopkins - phone
UConn - email
GWU - snail
U of Chicago - snail
Amy_Beaupre
Wild Bill

Congratulations so far everyone! It is great that there are going to be so many OPMers in the class of 2009, and all over the country. I hope we will have many chances to see and talk to each other in the future.
By the way, adennis: is VCOM the school you were waiting to hear from before sending in your deposit? If so, yay! You heard just in time! That’s great news.
Ok, I am adding one more school. I also want to say how wierd this whole application process is. I go back and forth daily on whether it was worth it to apply to so many schools. Today I am thinking yes, because at my last two interviews I have just gotten GRILLED on why I have such a “non-linear” background. And I mean grilled, where I walked out feeling fried and humiliated. Or maybe that is just my oversensitivity, as a result of having so many years of life to answer for. Anyway, here’s to us non-trads…
rsmit9
Crazy Horse
Boeing
KCOM - 11/11
adennis
LECOM-Bradenton 11/22
VCOM 12/17
UKentucky-call
ETSU-snail(+ email)
UTenn -snail
pushkin
Johns Hopkins - phone
UConn - email
GWU - snail
U of Chicago - snail
U of Iowa - snail
Amy_Beaupre
Wild Bill

pushkin,
no, I wasn’t waiting to hear from VCOM before I sent my deposit… but my deposit had to be there at LECOM-B before the phone call from VCOM…I’m still waiting to hear from PCOM-Georgia… and anxious about it… I may start another thread about some of this stuff… don’t want to clutter up this one…
Congrats to everyone!!!
Andrea

Congradulations everyone, and to you adennis, I too had a few choices, two of which were VCOM and LECOM. I’m not one to spend hour after hour in a lecture hall, so I chose LECOMB. Have you decided what you’re going to do? What interview did you not like?

Hey!
LECOMB was the one that I didn’t like. I’m hoping it was just an off day and that my impressions are nothing. I am considering at this point maybe making another trip down there to make sure I’ve made the right choice. I’ve already sent my deposit in to LECOMB. I would love to get a PM from you with more info about how you like it and maybe share some of my thoughts about the interviewers etc…
Thanks!
Andrea

Quote:

pushkin,
no, I wasn’t waiting to hear from VCOM before I sent my deposit… but my deposit had to be there at LECOM-B before the phone call from VCOM…I’m still waiting to hear from PCOM-Georgia… and anxious about it… I may start another thread about some of this stuff… don’t want to clutter up this one…

Yeah, after I posted that, I read your post in the thread where you were talking about this so I got the story straight. I think since you’re not sure yet where you most want to go that it’s good to keep your options open. I know, the price tag for that sucks. I wish this whole process was a lot cheaper!