Class of 2017

Rather than going through the 100 or so pages of where folks have interviewed/were accepted to med school, can we make a list of schools OPMers have been accepted to here?

If one already exists, please delete this thread!

KCUMB (DO) - LJSimpson

such the researcher!

• croooz Said:
such the researcher!

Guess that's why this thread only has one entry, LOL!!

Well…OPM seems to be the place that all us nontrads come to get into med school but after that… I mean it is old PREMEDs so once we become med students the posting reduces substantially and once we become attendings the posting stops altogether. Same will happen to you and I in the next couple years. This is a great place to visit but you don’t really want to live here.

• croooz Said:
Same will happen to you and I in the next couple years. This is a great place to visit but you don't really want to live here.

Coming here to get info and move on maybe what most people do, but I've never really been the kinda gal that does what most people do.

I plan to post every now and then FOREVER!

TOUROCOM-NY Class of 2017. I’ll probably spend as much time here as possible, since it seems like my new classmates on SDN and on our Facebook group aren’t really coming from the same place as me.

All said, I’m really proud of all of new OMS-1 and MS-1s here at OPM.

And I probably never said this, but I don’t think I would have made it this far if I hadn’t found OPM and discovered I wasn’t crazy. Well, at least, crazy about wanting to be a doctor in my 30s.

• pathdr2b Said:
  • croooz Said:
Same will happen to you and I in the next couple years. This is a great place to visit but you don't really want to live here.

Coming here to get info and move on maybe what most people do, but I've never really been the kinda gal that does what most people do.

I plan to post every now and then FOREVER!

We'll see......

Quillen College of Medicine at East TN State University, Class of 2017!!

(and I’m still waiting to hear back from University of Tennesssee.)

That still feels really great to say…

If I didn’t congratulate you in the other thread carrieliz, allow me to do it here. Getting into med school is an accomplishment in and of itself. As with most of the men here, I couldn’t imagine doing it while pregnant.

Wow!

Oh, thank you so much, Starri! I’ve never tried to get into med school NOT prego, so it’s my only frame of reference… but it honestly has been a pretty easy journey. (The pregnancy, not the med school part. LOL)

Scheduled C-Section on 2/18…and my husband is due home from Afghanistan on 2/4…so now we just have to keep this little girl happy and in the oven until Daddy gets home! What a crazy ride! I love it, though.