Classes Only vs. Completing Second Bach

Hey everyone.

I’m currently in the process of completing undergraduate pre-med classes. I already have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and have worked as an ICU nurse for the last 5 years. I am trying to decide between only completing the classes necessary for the MCAT as well as those required for med schools or actually completing an entire degree path again to end up with a BS in Biology. I evaluated my “long range” degree plan this week and to complete a BS, it’s an additional 18+ credit hours. I took a good amount of biomedical science classes during my BSN but they were 200 level courses, not 300+ level. I’m looking for some insight on the necessity of paying for 18+ additional courses that aren’t beneficial to the MCAT or required by medical schools but will allow me to obtain a second bach. Don’t want to hurt my competitiveness but also don’t want to spend extra time/money on courses that won’t make a difference one way or the other. Thanks!

Remind yourself of what is your end goal. Is it to become a doctor or get a second BS degree? I wouldn’t risk lowering your GPA, time, and money to get that second BS. Put that money toward med school.