Cloverfield Movie

I’m some have heard about this already. A short teaser popped up during the premier of Transformers this summer.

On YouTube

High res

It’s a JJ Abrams flick (Alias, LOST). Part of an intense viral marketing campaign (meaning probably overhyped). A new trailer might be shown when Beowulf comes out.

Some theories floating around:

1. New godzilla

2. LOST spin-off… very interesting idea.

3. Voltron movie (I lol’d at that one)

4. and my favorite: THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH II: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!

But jokes aside, it’s a JJ Abrams flick so I anticipate seeing more of a metaphorical & abstract monster that probably won’t get much screen time.

The traditional monster movie concept has been beaten to death.
  • ipitydafoo Said:
I'm some have heard about this already. A short teaser popped up during the premier of Transformers this summer.

On YouTube

High res

It's a JJ Abrams flick (Alias, LOST). Part of an intense viral marketing campaign (meaning probably overhyped). A new trailer might be shown when Beowulf comes out.

Some theories floating around:

1. New godzilla

2. LOST spin-off... very interesting idea.

3. Voltron movie (I lol'd at that one)

4. and my favorite: THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH II: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!

But jokes aside, it's a JJ Abrams flick so I anticipate seeing more of a metaphorical & abstract monster that probably won't get much screen time.

The traditional monster movie concept has been beaten to death.

Pfft... we Americans don't get metaphor!

The trailer looked interesting, though. If it's a perspective retelling of Godzilla, I'm not too excited. If it's Voltron, I'm all about it ;). Anything in between... we'll see, eh?