Columbia Post-Bac Interview

On Wednesday, Jan 9th, I am interviewing an associate dean from Columbia’s Post-Bac program. She “leads the premedical advising team in support of Postbac Premed students.”

Anything specific you guys want to know? I’d love to get some questions.

Ryan

I’d like to know why she thinks people don’t make it through the program - not suited to medicine in general, not driven enough, not prepared? And if it’s a preparation issue, are there classes non-trads who have been out of school for a while should take to prepare?

Conversely, is there one approach or trait above all others that she believes helps people succeed in completing the post-bac and getting a medical school acceptance?

Thanks for asking!

• Tallulah Philange Said:
I'd like to know why she thinks people don't make it through the program - not suited to medicine in general, not driven enough, not prepared? And if it's a preparation issue, are there classes non-trads who have been out of school for a while should take to prepare?

Conversely, is there one approach or trait above all others that she believes helps people succeed in completing the post-bac and getting a medical school acceptance?

Thanks for asking!

Excellent question! I second this.

Great questions.

I have the interview tomorrow - any others?!?

Hi Doc Gray,

I just saw your post, and it’s too late for me to ask questions. Can you give us a feedback of your meeting?

Thanks

The interview was great. Dr. Rosner was very open and after talking to her I almost want to go back to do a post-bac there!

There is way to much to post here, the interview will post in a couple weeks! I’ll post here again with a link!

One thing that I learned during the research and talking to her - Columbia is the oldest (first) post-bac program, started in 1955 for returning veterans!