COMLEX 2 PE - All dates taken?

Ok - so due to the way 4th year financial aid distribution works, our money to pay for the PE (Something like $1K for the exam by itself) is included in our first distribution of 4th year - which occurs sometime later this month. I typically don’t do credit cards (learned that the hard way) and only have AMEX which is not truly a credit card but a ‘pay it at the end of the month type of deal’.

I managed to finagle an advancement out of the financial aid department on 4/28 and due to studying for the OB/Gyn shelf and starting peds, I just now tried to sign up for the PE.

Well, all the dates are taken from now until end of December except for the day before my shelf exam (probably not the best idea to take it the day before the shelf and catch the red-eye home).

Anyway, has this happened to anyone else? I’m not the only one in my class to be waiting for the cash so I assume they’ll either open up dates or roll us into Jan 2010. Our school ‘recomends’ it get done by NLT Dec. 2009 to have a good cushion in case you fail (has happened to people you would have never thought would fail it).

Anyone know the true scoop?

That’s pretty much the way it works. . . BUT, keep checking on the dates because there are always some people who cancel. That MIGHT allow you to get in sooner.

Step 2 CS is the same way. I’m taking mine in Atlanta now instead of the more convenient Chicago and stalking the cancellation e-mails hoping for a better date and place.

Procrastination BAD.

A funny thing happened on the way to sign up for the COMLEX 2 PE…

We had just received our funding earlier this week and I found the time to sit down to register for that puppy…

So I’m looking at available dates – there was one in May (way, way too early, plus I’m in peds right now)…none in June/July/August/Septembe r/October/November…

So I’m thinking, “Ok, I’ll schedule January 2010 and call the NBOME and beg for them to open a slot”…

Being the dutiful, slightly OCPD medical student, I looked in December…and looked again…and quickly scheduled for the one slot that had opened up on the 14th of December!!!

Now, if you’ve read my tale of getting into/through medical school, you’ll know I believe that God put me here for a reason and He’s carried me through…I believe that the date came open just for me as His way of reminding me He’s got it all under control…

Like we used to say,“Relax, dude, the world’d round, we’ll get there!!!”…

Thank you, God…

• In reply to:
Thank you, God.....

Those are three words I use on a regular basis.

I'm glad you got it all taken care of!