COMLEX2 down & PE exam

congrats to all the DO students who got your passes on COMLEX2 this week. I didn’t do as well as I would like, but good for a Pass - woo hoo!
I am off end of next week to do the PE exam - anyone have any comments? thoughts? Its new this year and not many have done it yet, but I would love to hear from any who have.

Quote:

congrats to all the DO students who got your passes on COMLEX2 this week. I didn’t do as well as I would like, but good for a Pass - woo hoo!
I am off end of next week to do the PE exam - anyone have any comments? thoughts? Its new this year and not many have done it yet, but I would love to hear from any who have.

Hey there,
Congratulations on the pass. No one ever does as well as they “think” they should on exams but a pass is a good thing if you think about the alternative. Head into your next step with full steam and enjoy the process. Soon you will be done and a whole new set of exams to take and pass (your In-Training boards).
Congratulations on the pass and best of luck on the next one!
Natalie

Congratulations on passing the COMLEX2! Enjoy your success.
Pam

well thats one more over with. and not too bad I think. I found out when I got to Philly that they won’t release any results until February. For graduation we don’t actually have to pass the PE, just take it, so the last major hurdle to graduation is out of the way. So assuming i don’t make a complete ass of myself in the remaining rotations I will make it it seems. If that isn’t a scary thought.
I’m working on residency applications/ interviews now. I am keeping it to a short, local list because I don’t want to uproot the clan. I will let you know how it goes.
steve

Hey Steve,
This is really where medical school gets to be fun. There is really nothing between you and graduation. It’s a good feeling to have everything in the can so that all you have to do is show up and graduate. (For us, graduation stuff went on for a week).
We had to take and pass the CSA exam long before it was an expensive requirement. Howard paid for the exam and paid for our transportation to take it. The patients were very straightforward and the work-ups were a “no-brainer”. I am sure that you did very well on this test.
Again, congratulations on getting through it all.
Natalie

Steve,
Congrats on passing/taking both those beasts & my condolences that you even had to take that infernal PE portion. I worked hard as a med student to get that thing ditched!
by the way, I see “ME/NH” in your location…where in ME & NH? You know I am in Lebanon, NH?

I am “just down the road” in Concord. I am hoping to stay local and do residency here - at the Dartmouth - NH family practice Residency program based at Concord Hospital.