Commercial L.O.R. service

I am interested in gathering some information about a commercial L.O.R. service. Since I am taking my pre-med courses at two different colleges that do not offer a letter service I would be very interested in a pay service. Please post any information and/or experiences with one of these services.

Thanks!
Geoff

Have not heard of such a thing…that would be interesting info to have available here though. Have you contacted Dan of MSE about whether or not they offer this service?

Geoff -
I used a commercial service, www.ReferenceNow.com, and discussed it recently in a thread titled “LOR”. I also took my pre-reqs at two different universities; as a post-bacc student-at-large, the letter services were not open to me.
Susan - Chicago
PS How do you paste a link to another thread?

QUOTE (SPN @ Jan 12 2003, 11:44 AM)

clip the thread address to your clipboard -
then in your post click on the http:// button - follow the prompts to
paste in the address and give it a name
here I've done yours:
SPN's LOR link

Cool!
Thanks!

QUOTE (SPN @ Jan 12 2003, 02:44 PM)
Geoff -
I used a commercial service, www.ReferenceNow.com, and discussed it recently in a thread titled "LOR". I also took my pre-reqs at two different universities; as a post-bacc student-at-large, the letter services were not open to me.
Susan - Chicago

Hi Susan! I checked them out, thanks! Can you tell me why KCOM (I believe that's who you said) wouldn't accept letters from them?
QUOTE (OldManDave @ Jan 12 2003, 12:10 PM)
Have not heard of such a thing...that would be interesting info to have available here though. Have you contacted Dan of MSE about whether or not they offer this service?

I hadn't either until I read the other thread where Susan made mention of it. I will contact Dan and see what he says.
Geoff

Doctor Geo2008 Jan 12 2003, 09:57 PM

Can you tell me why KCOM (I believe that’s who you said) wouldn’t accept letters from them?

The admissions staff at KCOM did not offer an explanation to me. I applied to many schools, both MD and DO, and this was the only institution that refused to accept LORs from ReferenceNow.
But KCOM only wanted two letters, so it was not beyond my capabilities to obtain them from my evaluators. It just slowed my app down, since I found out right around the winter holidays. That was frustrating, since KCOM is one of my top choices, and this was a delay I did not expect. I’ll adjust.

Susan - Chicago

Susan,
A bit off topic, but how has your app to KCOM progressed? Are you going to be able to make it to the conference in DC?

Hey Dave! Nice avatar!
The KCOM web site says they received the originals of the rec letters on 1/14/03, so I hope to hear from them soon. I'll call next week if I haven't heard anything; any advice?
Yes, I'll see y'all in Washington! (Unless DH jets off to China again, like he did last spring.)
Thanks for asking.
Susan - Chicago