Committee Letters

I finished my BA at Thomas Edison State College. I am taking pre-reqs at a community college. Neither has a committee to write me a letter for my application. I don’t know what weight a letter from a community college science instructor will carry. Any suggestions on how to pursue this requirement? (Not applying til next year. Planning ahead.)

-Louis

The secondary applications state that if there is no committee letter, you can supply 3 letters from science professors and state why you could not get a committee letter.

Most med schools stipulate two letters from science professors who have taught you and a third letter, often from a non-science professor who has taught you. Sometimes schools are okay with three science letters. And if a school usually provides a committee letter (many schools do not, especially on the west coast), you will be asked to explain why you don’t have one.

Cheers,

Judy

Yes, I realize I will be able to provide letters from science instructors. Unfortunately, I am taking my sciences and community college. I am not thrilled about using those letters. Something for me to think about I guess.