Contacting that pre-medical committee...

Hi everyone,

I’m wondering if any of you have any helpful advice on getting back in touch with an undergraduate pre-medical committee - for the purpose of a LOR, of course. It’s been 5 years (!!) since I’ve been connected with my school, and I’m curious as to the best way to approach them for this ultimate service while being mindful of the possibility that they could be, like, “And who are you, again?”
P.S. This is my first post (a really great recommendation from a med student), so thanks very much in advance!

hi MlleL,
welcome to OPMs! I hope you’ll find the web site helpfull.
I’m going to school right now, and I went to see my pre-med advisor last week, for the first time. I’m going to take April MCAT and apply in the summer. The way he talked, I think he implied that if I don’t continue going to school next year, they won’t be able to write a comittee letter for me, since I’m not their student anymore. That sounds really stupid and unfair to me. But I didn’t really ask about that, since I’m still going to go to that school.

Hopefully you’ll be able to find out much more about how your school’s pre-med committee works. You need a lot more information before we can provide you much guidance, because it seems like each undergrad school does it somewhat differently.
Mary