Debating Which Pre-Med Degree to Pursue

I’m currently transferring to Arizona State University and I am heavily debating whether to get my B.S. in Biochemistry, or Biochemistry (Medicinal Chemistry).

General Biochem and Medicinal Biochem are essentially the same courses except that in Medicinal Biochem I will be taking Physical chemistry instead of Biophysics, and, the only Biology courses that I will be taking besides Bio 01 and 02 is Cellular Biology. Furthermore, I will be required to take Medicinal Chemistry which is basically a pharmacology class that digs more deeper in how drugs are made and designed. The amount of math used in this degree is expected to be substantial.

In contrast to this, the General Biochem degree will require me to take Biophysics AND two of the following Advanced Bio Electives: Cell bio, Neurobiology, or Medicinal Chemistry. The amount of math used in this degree is expected to be substantial.

In a nutshell, both degrees are the same with the exception of a few courses.

My goal is to primarily go to Podiatry school, or, either a D.O. school or an allopathic med school in Europe and obtain my MBBS (equivalent of and MD).
Thank you! :slight_smile: