distance learning

Hi everyone, not sure if this should be a new thread or not but while surfing the net i went to University of New England DO website to look at their prereqs and for general info. Now I know that not every med school requires BIO CHEM but UNE does. Anyhow in the FYI dept. they offer a ‘distance learning course’ in Bio Chem which looks very good. If nothing else the practice exams are a great review. I want to know if anyone is taking this or has in the past and most important…is it looked on positively on academic record being a distance course and all.
Thanks. cool.gif

At best, most med schools “do not recommend” meeting required coursework with distance learning classes. And it goes downhill from there. Plan accordingly.
Cheers,
Judy

hi - someone just answered a question i had about another biochem requirement for a different school and they mentioned they were familiar with the une program…http://www.oldpremeds.org/invboard/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1675 - it’s under “applying to med school” and the posting is “usc mol bio and biochem requirement?” (may not be exact words used)
donna
sf, ca