DONE!

Just wanted to share some good news: I took my last final exam yesterday, and so am officially on winter break! Plus, I am expecting A’s in all of my classes (gen bio, gen chem, and physics I, + labs), which is clearly a good thing.

This is only the first semester of a 2-year post-bac program, so I’ve got lots more to do … but it’s incredibly exciting to be one semester in, and to have done so well.

While I’ll definitely be taking a few days off, I also plan to do some shadowing this break, and to meet with the woman who mentored me at the research lab where I worked last summer so we can talk about what I might be doing this coming summer.

The best thing is, I feel like I’m right where I belong, doing exactly what I should be doing. That counts for so much.

• In reply to:
The best thing is, I feel like I'm right where I belong, doing exactly what I should be doing. That counts for so much.

Isn't that great!!!

Congrats on finishing the semester strong.

Awesome!! Enjoy the well deserved break

Congrats!

here you go terra. Keep it up

Congrats on your accomplishment. I’m curious to know if this is a DIY post-bac or are you doing this through an official college/university program?

Congratulations! You’re off to an incredible start! Enjoy your break and keep the momentum for next spring.

Thanks everyone. It definitely feels good to be finished with the semester, and to have done well.

• Invictus Said:
I'm curious to know if this is a DIY post-bac or are you doing this through an official college/university program?

Invictus -- I'm doing a formal 2-year post-bac program at a Chicago-area university. If you have specific questions about going the formal route, and why I chose that, feel free to PM me. I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

Thats great glad things are working out!