Drexel MCP IMS program

I am inquiring about the IMS program at Drexel MCP: one year of medical school courses, B or better and one is guranteed an interview.
How challenging is this program? Must I go fulltime? How plausible is the B or better in all courses?
Would you recommend this program?
thanks for input. smile.gif

I'm afraid I don't have the answer to any of your questions - the program itself will be the best source of information for some of the answers. If you get more information about it, do be sure to share it here, as I'm sure others are interested!

Does anyone know if they don't have their application available yet? I was having a hard time trying to get to the application for their program from their website.

the only app I could find on their website was for the Fall 2002 entering class - you should call one of the numbers in the FAQ maybe if you want more current information.

I was able to find an 'online request for application' to their premed. post/bac program. at the home page follow the link to 'premed studies' and you will get there. there site is a little cumbersome. i couldn't find a way to get a med school application. good luck. lizzie

QUOTE (RUNNER @ Feb 17 2003, 10:36 AM)
I am inquiring about the IMS program at Drexel MCP: one year of medical school courses, B or better and one is guranteed an interview.
How challenging is this program? Must I go fulltime? How plausible is the B or better in all courses?
Would you recommend this program?
thanks for input. smile.gif

Hi there,
I can tell you two things about this program. First, if it is a test for medical school, then you are going to have to go full time. Medical school is not part-time. There are some medical schools that allow you to split your first year into two years but after that, you are full-time. (Read full time and more here).
Second, getting and maintaining a "B" level in medical school classes is not as easy as you think. Yes, it is doable but be prepared to commit some major time to study and class preparation. (Read, this is competitive and this is hard).
Another thing that you might want to consider is attending a post bacc program that will award you a non-thesis masters at the end of your completion of the one year. Georgetown has this program. At least, if you do not make it into medical school, you have a degree at the end that will be pretty useful. Allowing you to interview does not equal getting into medical school. Most medical schools interview more candidates than they accept.
I would recommend that you look into the variety of post bacc programs and make a decision. There are many out there. Many post baccs are expensive so you really want to have something tangible like a degree at the end of your study should you not make it into medical school. At least you will be able to get a good job so that you can pay off the money that you borrowed for the post bacc unless you have lots of cash lying around.
Good luck on your choice!
Natalie