Dual Enrollment Courses In High School Hurting Med School Application

Hello,

I am a high school student and have taken some courses in a community college for fun, but didn’t know that those grades are going to be reported in my medical school application in addition to my actual undergraduate institution grades. I didn’t get that good grades in my dual enrollment courses. I will make a list below for reference. Will med schools know that I have taken them in high school? Are those grades a red flag or will they ignore them because it was way past in high school and that I will have my actual undergrad grades (if they will be good hopefully)?
Intro to Java - C
Intro to Neuro - A
General Psych - A
General Chem 1A - B

Thank you in advance for your response,

Hey Susan,

As far as I understand it, if you took the courses at a college then med schools will want the transcripts. Having said that, I’m a little confused as to what you mean by:

The only “bad” grade you listed was a “C” in Intro to Java. As a non-science course this won’t impact your sGPA. Assuming I’m reading your list correctly (1 “C”, 2 "A"s, and 1 “B”) then the cGPA for these classes is a 3.25, which is not terrible and should be easy to improve with your baccalaureate classes. Keep in mind that med schools tend to care more about your trend than your final GPA (assuming the GPA is “good enough” which this should be).

To more directly answer your questions…

Yes, med schools see all of the data points. Way more than you will be able to see your application.

I don’t see anything here that would typically be considered a “red flag.” Yes, they will know when you took these classes (See above question). My advice is to just do your best in your undergrad courses (as close to a 4.0 as possible), enjoy the journey, and tell your story.

Best of luck!

thank you so much!!!