End of the semester for me!

The chemistry final kicked my behind. Or I kicked its behind. I’m not sure which. I think that in the end I nailed the annoying question that wasn’t coming out right for me. How I did on a few questions I wasn’t sure of, I just don’t know. There were several that started out as simple concepts problems (using ideal gas laws, pressure equations, change of boiling point, or molarity to find the moles of something) and then turned into annoying percent composition algebra problems. I know how to do them, but a couple of the answers looked wrong to me. The rest were reasonably easy and I marched through them with no sweat. So either I’ll keep my A or drop to an A- or a B, or other people will have problems as well and the instructor will break down and curve, or else he won’t.
And then I’ll know whether I need to add one more repetition of all the homework and previous exams to my study schedule for my next final with this prof (in the summer). This test felt a lot like the first exam, on which I got an 84. So that’s not great news. But I could be wrong, and either way, I won’t know for a week and I’m done!
Phew!
Tonight, I get a back massage. Tomorrow, I tutor at the literacy center and start studying physics for the MCAT. No rest for the wicked. wink.gif

Woohoo!

QUOTE (samenewme @ May 13 2003, 04:42 PM)
The chemistry final kicked my behind. Or I kicked its behind. I'm not sure which. I think that in the end I nailed the annoying question that wasn't coming out right for me. How I did on a few questions I wasn't sure of, I just don't know. There were several that started out as simple concepts problems (using ideal gas laws, pressure equations, change of boiling point, or molarity to find the moles of something) and then turned into annoying percent composition algebra problems. I know how to do them, but a couple of the answers looked wrong to me. The rest were reasonably easy and I marched through them with no sweat. So either I'll keep my A or drop to an A- or a B, or other people will have problems as well and the instructor will break down and curve, or else he won't.
And then I'll know whether I need to add one more repetition of all the homework and previous exams to my study schedule for my next final with this prof (in the summer). This test felt a lot like the first exam, on which I got an 84. So that's not great news. But I could be wrong, and either way, I won't know for a week and I'm done!
Phew!
Tonight, I get a back massage. Tomorrow, I tutor at the literacy center and start studying physics for the MCAT. No rest for the wicked. wink.gif

Boy, do I know this feeling!!! I'm living it right now. I wish you luck...I'm taking Chem II in the spring session and Bio II in the summer session. Lot's of work, no social time but I figure it's just getting used to medical school! tongue.gif

my Organic II final is Tuesday the 20th, in the evening. Once that's over, I'll not only be done my semester but my whole postbac program! So next Tuesday night I will be woohooing big time! till then, congrats to everyone who survived the semester already!
Beth

QUOTE (BethJolly @ May 14 2003, 04:52 PM)
congrats to everyone who survived the semester already!

What she said! Good luck to you on your last test Beth.