examkrackers study schedule

I’ve read that examkrackers also has a sample study schedule for those of us who do self-study-I did not find it on their website-do they mail it to you with your package? Also, is it feasible to do both examkrackers self-study AND a prep course at the same time? If you’ve done it how was it?

Here’s a rough outline buried in the forums. I think they recommend you take ten weeks to study. It’s not week by week, so you’ll have to make your own calendar. I’m not taking MCAT until next year, so I can’t offer any actual advice. But here’s the quote:

Preparation: Contact the AAMC (aamc.org) and purchase Practice Tests IV, V & VI.
Start your preparation by taking Practice Test IV. Take the entire test (including the writing section) under strictly timed conditions. This will give you a baseline idea of where you are and allow you to chart your progress. Expect to score between 6 and 8 on each section (most students do).
After taking the test, plan on studying (from the EK materials) four lectures a week. Your study structure should budget about 2 hours a day, six days of the week. Attack the lessons thusly:
1. First, pre-read the lecture. Read the lecture as you would a novel, quickly, and without worrying about the details.
2. Next, read the lecture more thoroughly, with a pen in your hand so that you can take notes and highlight areas of weakness.
3. Listen to the corresponding lecture in Audio Osmosis.
4. Start with one lecture in Physics, Verbal, General Chemistry and Biology. When you run out of verbal lectures, begin Organic chemistry.
5. Take the in-class exam corresponding to that lecture. Allow yourself no more than 30 minutes. Review the exam with the explanations, and post any questions you have on this website.
6. Take the rest of the AAMC and EK tests as full-length exams on every other Saturday until the real test. For any questions you answer incorrectly, determine if it was a dumb mistake (work harder) or if you didn’t fully understand the science (go back to the appropriate lecture and re-read).
7. As test day approaches, stay current with your studying. If you miss one day, do twice as much the next day.
8. If you find you have extra time, purchase AAMC’s practice items and send me an e-mail. I will send you a homework schedule that we use in class to assign passages out of those books.
Good Luck.
Jordan”

Thank you for finding that for me!Very helpful, I am taking the MCAT next April in 2005 as well.

I attached the 10 week EK study file. It is a .txt file since it would not let me upload it in word format. Hope it helps.

confewshz

Attached files 1080228157-Examkrackers 10 Week Study Schedule.txt (12.9 KB)Â

THANK YOU!!

That’s excellent!!
I ordered Examcrackers complete last week.