Fall back and punt

So, things are getting better. I will finish the full course of both antibiotics tomorrow, and I went back to work this week. I officially filed all the paperwork for the medical withdrawal. The last hurdle was facing my boss, a doctor, and the medical director of the facility, and telling him I have withdrawn and what my plan is for the remainder of the semester. I was really nervous he would be disappointed in me, and was worried he would want me to resume my former hours, which would put the kibosh on my plan. I laid it all out to him and he was pleasant, and kind, and accomodating. He cited having had a bad semester in school himself at one point. We actually had a pretty good chuckle about all that has happened to me this year, and how NONE of it is related to a chronic health condition, and NONE of the things that had happened were related to each other in any way. I held my breath and then asked about my schedule, and all he said was “That’s entirely up to you, I’m fine if you want to keep the hours the way they are.” Sigh of relief. Went to my first EXCEL class friday and have four more to go. Plan Monday is to go hound my old calculus teacher for her Trig tutorial. Khan, Khan, Khan in between. I love it when a plan comes together!!

That’s phenomenal! Glad you have such a supportive, understanding boss.

Great news, Vicki!

What does not kill you, makes you stronger, and in the end, it will make you a better and more compassionate doctor.

Good luck, hang in there, and keep your chin up.