Fall schedule...need help

I’ve just got done with my Orgo II. I had my final last night! I still didn’t get a grade assigned. Although my average is high over the class average, I might not be able to get an A…I think I’ll end up with a B+…well it still good for an Orgo class (I got A- for Orgo I), and my GPA is not going to drop drastically even with this B…I’ll probably have somewhere in low-mid 3.8s…but it made me feel weird and a little bit unsecure…maybe because it was my favorite and the most interesting class + the most challenging one and I really put a lot in it…(much more than other classes, in which I got easy As)…
Anyway…to the point. It made me think over my Fall schedule. It’s going to be my last semester of being full-time student…I was going to take it easier in the spring while preparing for MCAT and then after that I was thinking about getting a part-time job in a medical practice (while applying) + taking one or two classes and slowly completing all my sciences towards BS in biology (or biochemistry) just in case I need a plan B.
But knowing that I might have gotten B in Orgo II, I started second-guessing my fall schedule. I’m supposed to take Physics I , botany (which is major requrment), Human Physiology - it’s biology elective, which I though will be helpfull while in medical school, an honor class in biology and theatre (an art elective - relativelly easy and interesting). I started wondering if there’s any point in taking so many classes and possibly risk my GPA…The thing is that this past year I took so many classes and so many credits and I managed to get As in all of them…I just got really subconcious because of this Orgo II grade. And I’m concidering dropping Physiology (since it might really hurt me if I get a B, although I know I’m capable of getting A)…Normally I’d drop Botany - since I don’t need it for medical school, but it’s a prereq for some Genetics classes I really want to take and was concidering taking one of them in the spring, together with Physics II…And another reason why I’m leaning towards taking all of these classes is the fact, that as a full time student I’d get 3 credits for free…Basically, my question is should I dropp physiology or not?
I know this post is long and confusing…thank you for getting so far in reading it and I’d appreciate any feedback.

What would you do if you found out you got an A in Orgo?
Do that.

I second what Denise suggested. Organic is tough and is often listed by med students and bio majors as the most difficult class they took in undergrad, so don’t let a B+ (which, by the way, is well done for organic ) influence your decision too much.
Larry

Thanx for your advice! I guess I was going to do what you guyz said, I just needed to hear it from someone else!
and afterall I checked my grade today and I got…A-…a big surprise and relief…:slight_smile: I started panicing too early…

Hey!
Sounds to me like you have it well undercontrol. If you have to pick a class that will help with med school it seems the concensus here is BioChem. Having said that, I think my personal suggestion (and i am about the same place in process as you) is not to do anything that may adversely effect your GPA, it isnt worth it.
Have a good one, only you can guage your own ability!

Quote:

I’ve just got done with my Orgo II. I had my final last night! I still didn’t get a grade assigned. Although my average is high over the class average, I might not be able to get an A…I think I’ll end up with a B+…well it still good for an Orgo class (I got A- for Orgo I), and my GPA is not going to drop drastically even with this B…I’ll probably have somewhere in low-mid 3.8s…but it made me feel weird and a little bit unsecure…maybe because it was my favorite and the most interesting class + the most challenging one and I really put a lot in it…(much more than other classes, in which I got easy As)…
Anyway…to the point. It made me think over my Fall schedule. It’s going to be my last semester of being full-time student…I was going to take it easier in the spring while preparing for MCAT and then after that I was thinking about getting a part-time job in a medical practice (while applying) + taking one or two classes and slowly completing all my sciences towards BS in biology (or biochemistry) just in case I need a plan B.
But knowing that I might have gotten B in Orgo II, I started second-guessing my fall schedule. I’m supposed to take Physics I , botany (which is major requrment), Human Physiology - it’s biology elective, which I though will be helpfull while in medical school, an honor class in biology and theatre (an art elective - relativelly easy and interesting). I started wondering if there’s any point in taking so many classes and possibly risk my GPA…The thing is that this past year I took so many classes and so many credits and I managed to get As in all of them…I just got really subconcious because of this Orgo II grade. And I’m concidering dropping Physiology (since it might really hurt me if I get a B, although I know I’m capable of getting A)…Normally I’d drop Botany - since I don’t need it for medical school, but it’s a prereq for some Genetics classes I really want to take and was concidering taking one of them in the spring, together with Physics II…And another reason why I’m leaning towards taking all of these classes is the fact, that as a full time student I’d get 3 credits for free…Basically, my question is should I dropp physiology or not?
I know this post is long and confusing…thank you for getting so far in reading it and I’d appreciate any feedback.