Feeling discouraged

Hi all!

I’m new here…I just wanted to post b/c I think I need a little encouragement. I took my first Chem pop quiz today and did awful! And for stupid reasons (not reading the question right, forgetting the prefix for six, really stupid things).

I’ve taken Chem before in college, but the premed folks mentioned that I should retake it b/c it’s been a while. I’m fine with it, but am frustrated b/c I KNOW THIS STUFF! Why did I mess up?

Sorry folks, I’m just super critical of myself and get down on myself when I mess up things I shouldn’t. Had to vent…

I am taking Chem. now as well. I found out taking the practice tests and quizzes help. Do you have Masterchemistry? If not, I highly recommend going there any buying the code or on EBay. It has helped me. My last three quizes 100, 90, and 100. I just took a Chem. exam today dealing with a whole bunch of formulas on electron orbitals … think Plank Constant, Balmer Equation, Freq, Wavelength … etc. Anyway, that website helped.

Don’t get discouraged … Try even harder. Once we get that good grade it will give you the confidence to do even better.

I am dropping Chem today. Yep, a big old “W” on the transcript. But, with flying 2 days a week and three babies under three, it’s the class to go. I too found myself doing weird things in a class I enjoyed. For me, it is just one class too many. Keeping the English Research Writing. That is an easy “A” and staying with Precalc. They won’t let me take Chemistry w/o the Precalc and one has to go. I kick myself for not taking the advice of the OPM’ers. “Slow and Steady wins the race”. I thought about trying to just deal but in the end, I am trying to make everyone happy (school, me, kids, hubby, work) and NOBODY’s happy.

• Kimberly_h Said:
I am dropping Chem today. Yep, a big old "W" on the transcript. But, with flying 2 days a week and three babies under three, it's the class to go. I too found myself doing weird things in a class I enjoyed. For me, it is just one class too many. Keeping the English Research Writing. That is an easy "A" and staying with Precalc. They won't let me take Chemistry w/o the Precalc and one has to go. I kick myself for not taking the advice of the OPM'ers. "Slow and Steady wins the race". I thought about trying to just deal but in the end, I am trying to make everyone happy (school, me, kids, hubby, work) and NOBODY's happy.

I for one am sorry to hear that Kimberly, but it sounds like you made the right choice for you. Now you just have to make sure you make A's in your other classes and enjoy life in the process! You'll get there!