Feeling Stupid . . .

So Monday, I get in my car to drive to school and hear a beep. This beep seems to be coming from the passenger side, is a single beep, every two minutes. It’s a new car that we’ve had a week. I stop at the first convenient place, look all around inside the car, don’t see anything. My initial thought is that it sounds like a cell phone that is dying. (A little background, my husband took his parents with him to a football game saturday). I call my husband, ask him if he has any ideas or if his mom called him about missing a cell phone. Negative to both.
The beep continues . . . every two minutes, car running, in park, in drive, off, reverse, etc. Check all doors, seat belt, any possible compartment that might be ajar. Nothing. I’m thinking that if it is a dying cellphone warning, it will stop soon. Call the dealship and see if they have any ideas. They don’t they suggest calling the service department in the morning and possibly bringing it in.
Tuesday . . . car still beeping. Still can’t find anything. Call dealership, talk to service manager, schedule appointment for Thursday afternoon.
Wednesday . . . still beeping. Ask my husband to go check out the car in case its something obvious, so he doesn’t look stupid at the dealership.
Thursday . . . still beeping. Hubby takes car to dealership this afternoon because I am studying for my anatomy exam. Calls me a little bit ago using his mother’s cell phone!!! Thanks me for the most embarrassing moment of his life. Two minutes after they took the car in the garage, the mechanic walks out and asks if anybody is missing a cell phone. To add insult to injury, when my husband asks if the phone was wedged up under the seat somewhere, the mechanic says no, it was lying right on the floor!
I can’t believe that I didn’t see the cell phone - especially since that was my first thought and that was what I was looking for. I can’t believe that my mother-in-law hadn’t called and asked if her cell phone was in the car - it’s been missing since Saturday (and she does actually use it)!
So - a little humor for you all!!

OK! Maybe too much other stuff on floor! Don’t ever feel stupid. We must allow others to feel stupid so we can feel superior and intellectual (that means smart)!

Maybe it shot out from under the seat when your husband took it in. Clearly he needs to drive your car a little more carefully!

Just wondering, shouldn’t your husband have noticed it if he checked the car out first?
Sheryl

In theory - yes, one of the two of us should have noticed it. Mind you, I’m not sure how much he actually looked, other than going out to the car, listening for the beep and determining that yes, it was coming from the passenger seat. He claims that he looked under the seat, but you know men.
BTW - my mother-in-law thought it was absolutely hysterical. She claims she was absolutely positive that she had her cell phone when she got out of our car and that was why she didn’t call to ask if we had seen it.

my thoughts were along the same lines as Denise’s - he tore into the dealership lot and slammed on the brakes, and that’s when the phone got dislodged from its secure spot under/beneath the seat.
Another theory: it actually was somewhere hard to find/see and they just TOLD him that it was lying on the floor.
Finally, remember that even though you also looked in the car, your husband shouldered the manly responsibility of looking (plus it was HIS mom who left the cell phone in the car) and so it is his fault, indisputably.
Mary

Good one… I did one better a few weeks back. My fiance and I were driving up to Rockford on I-39 and there are wind generators for power in one spot (a lot of them). He wondered out loud to me “I wonder what those supply power for” because they are out in the middle of nowhere. Without even thinking, I said, “You know, there’s a nuclear power plant up the road a ways!” He looked at me and I immediately realized what I said and gave up my blond moment of the week.
Geez. THAT was bad!

Did you bob your head from side to side and repeat the word “like” alot?

Dear Lord, no! Although, that would really make it a classic. Ha!

Warning: R- rated
I can’t help it, I just can’t help it, the “blond exchange” prompts me to pass on the following joke:
What does a blonde say after sex?
"So, are you guys, like, all on the same team?"
Sorry megboo I just couldn’t resist passing on one of my favorite dirty jokes!
Mary

That’s ok - I’m really a redhead. I just take on the blond role about 1-2X a month (at least that’s been my quota so far…)

Thanks for sharing that. I am sure that is something I would do (another red head here, though I have gone blond from time to time).

No problem. I don’t mind everyone laughing at me as long as I’m laughing too!

Okay, this is my blonde joke;;
How does a blonde turn on the light after sex…?
She opens the car door

Keeping in line with stupid jokes…
My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon at Disneyworld, where his favorite ride of all time is the Pirates of the Carribean. We must have rode it at least 10 times (we picked a great week - no lines!), and every time he would tell me the same joke over and over:
Did you hear about the new pirate movie? It’s rated Arrrrrrrrr!
It still makes me laugh every time

That pirate joke reminds me of another one… stupid and a little bit crude [warning], but still funny if you have a corny sense of humor like I do.
A pirate is walking around with a car steering wheel sticking out of his crotch.
His friend sees him this way and asks him what the steering wheel is for.
"Arrrrrrrrg, it’s driving me nuts!"
Blonde joke contribution:
Q: Why do blondes wear panties?
A: It helps keep their ankles warm.
On another blonde joke note - true story: A colleague of mine in the information technology world told me about a new project manager that showed up at a company he was contracting for. They had a meeting, which was sort of her introductory meeting to meet the team. She was blonde, and decided to open up the meeting, and show her ability to deal with the whole “blonde” stereotype thing (esp. as most of the meeting participants were men) by telling a blonde joke. Sort of “cut the whole blonde thing off at the pass” as a strategy, or something of that sort.
So she gets to the punch line and she can’t remember what it is.

Sam

Arr, Sam - ye stole me pirate joke!
I love that one.
Here are some terrible ones:
What has 8 arms and 8 legs?
8 pirates!
A sailor meets a pirate in a bar, and they take turns telling about their adventures on the seas. The sailor notes that the pirate has a peg-leg, a hook and an eye patch.
The sailor asks “So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?”
The pirate replies: “We were in a storm at sea, and I was swept overboard into a school of sharks. Just as my men were pulling me out, a shark bit my leg off.”
“Wow!” said the sailor. “What about the hook?”
“Well,” replied the pirate, “we were boarding an enemy ship and were battling the other sailors with swords. One of the enemy cut my hand off.”
“Incredible!” said the sailor. “And how did you get the eye patch?”
“A seagull-dropping fell into my eye,” replied the pirate.
“You lost your eye to a seagull-dropping?” the sailor asked incredulously.
“Well,” said the pirate,“it was my first day with the hook…”

Another pirate joke…
A old pirate with a wooden leg, hook for a hand, and patch for an eye decided to go to a dance to meet some lovely lady. When he got to the dance he spied a beauty at the bar but was too afraid to approach her. She was magnificent, but had a wooden eye.
Finally, the lady noticed the pirate stealing glances. She, too was interested in the pirate, so she sauntered over to his table.
“Care to dance, pirate?” she asked?
“Would I?!” the pirate shouted in joy!
“Peg leg, peg leg, peg leg!!!” she screamed as she ran crying out of the bar.
(Let me know if you don’t get it)

It was halloween & little Johnny is dressed like a pirate - complete w/ 3-cornered hat, eyepatch & fake parrot on his shoulder. His dad noticed how funny he looked, but decided to play up the game.
In his best pirate voice dad said, "Aye matey, tis a mightly look fer ya! But, where are yer buccaneers?"
Little Johnny looked up at his pop and politely replied, “Why laddie, they’re under me buckin hat!”