Few Questions.... :)

Okay, normally I can find my answers with a search here, or SDN. Yet, SDN is always down (I hate that, anyone know why?) and I couldn't find it all here… so I'm asking.
1. AACOM - It's not up today (May 1st)? Does anyone know how much it costs $$ for applying to ALL the schools ?
2. Where can I find out how much ALL the secondaries would cost? (Trying to budget here)
3. Will AACOM require your letters of recommendations to go to THEM (and they'll distrubute) or to Each school?
4. Do ALL the DO schools allow you to fill out secondaries at your will, OR do you have to wait on them to send you a secondary?
Thank You, DcK

I don't know any of the answers for DO schools or for Texas, but can answer for AMCAS in case this triggers similar questions for anyone else.
the cost is per school - so you'd have to count them up and do the math. unlikely for anyone to apply to all, since there are so many.
school specific application fees - the fees might be in the MSAR (haven't looked) - again you'd have to do the math - but unlikely that anyone would get invitations from all schools. the fees range greatly, anywhere from 0-100 or so. - likely avg 50-75
AMCAS does NOTHING with LoRs - they do verify your transcripts. You are responsible for getting your LoR's sent to schools who ASK you to send them - which may be with request for a secondary application or separate from it. If you don't use a letter service to do this, you will be supplying your letter writers with sufficient envelopes and postage to react and mail letters to each school when you ask them to.
Policies for secondaries also vary widely - but you should wait to be invited to submit one. Some will invite nearly all applicants to fill out a secondary application; others heavily screen for secondaries and offer fewer invitations to complete one. Many times the secondary is online rather than on paper. Or filled out online, but then printed, signed, and mailed.

QUOTE (DcK @ May 1 2003, 05:33 PM)

1. AACOM - It's not up today (May 1st)? Does anyone know how much it costs $$ for applying to ALL the schools ?
2. Where can I find out how much ALL the secondaries would cost? (Trying to budget here)
3. Will AACOM require your letters of recommendations to go to THEM (and they'll distrubute) or to Each school?
4. Do ALL the DO schools allow you to fill out secondaries at your will, OR do you have to wait on them to send you a secondary?
Thank You, DcK

1) Don't remember - but IIRC, it got cheaper per school the more schools you applied to. I'd caution you about applying to *all* of the DO schools. I'm assuming that perhaps you'll be applying to MD schools as well?
2) Each school's secondary app fee differs, but on average they came out to be ~$60 per school.
3) AACOM does not accept LORs. LORs need to be sent directly to the schools. Other people advocate using a letter service, which receives your LORs, and sends them to the schools for you. Find out if the premed office at your undergrad can/will do this for you.
4) It depends, if they are available online, then you certainly can. Most will send you paper secondaries.
- Tae