Fire hose is ON

somehow I was feeling OK about my progress until today, when I realized how much I have to do this weekend

we’ve covered most of a thousand-page textbook in 8 days, in 1 course in which I had next to no background…I know people say not to bother with the book, but the lecturer was so bad there was no choice

at least they gave us two weeks to start running before anatomy lab starts next week!

the fun:work ratio is going down very quickly

Yup…and here at Mayo because we start clinicals during our second year it is not one firehose but TWO!

Yes, unfortunately some courses are so bad you have to teach yourself the material for the USMLE! Our micro/bichem faculty consists of researchers not teachers…sigh…I can relate

BTW do you have cats? Your signon name reminds me of my cat (specifically, feeding time) every time I see it. :slight_smile:

Quote:

Yup…and here at Mayo because we start clinicals during our second year it is not one firehose but TWO!

OK, I’m glad Mayo rejected me!
seriously, here in Colorado they are nice enough to start out with 2 weeks of morning lectures only, and 2 courses (biochem and cell bio). Anatomy starts in 3rd week. Clinical work starts in fourth week. The slow start gives us enough time to adjust to living in a new place, new schedule, and to slowly ramp up the study time. I am grateful for that.

I hear ya …the good thing is that come second semester of second year I will be in the hospital doing rotations yipeeee! but for now

Quote:

somehow I was feeling OK about my progress until today, when I realized how much I have to do this weekend
we’ve covered most of a thousand-page textbook in 8 days, in 1 course in which I had next to no background…I know people say not to bother with the book, but the lecturer was so bad there was no choice
at least they gave us two weeks to start running before anatomy lab starts next week!
the fun:work ratio is going down very quickly

Hi there,
Gross Anatomy is going to be a great course. Remember, just keep ramping up. You are going to get things done and keep on moving forward. The worst thing is the adjustment but keep plugging away and don’t get behind. Any task can be chipped away in small bites and soon you have “eaten the whole thing”.
Natalie