Five favorite Michael Jackson songs

I’m assuming that many of you like me grew up on Michael Jackson’s music. So I thought it would be fun in light of his death, to list your favorite MJ songs. And listing only five was VERY hard to do!! Here are mine:

1. Human Nature

2. PYT

3. Smooth Criminal

4. Buterfiles

5. Off The Wall
  1. Will You Be There

Will You Be There

Listen to the words… especially at the end.

2. Man In The Mirror

3. Thriller

4. We Are The World

5. Bad

Very sad. I hope he is truly remembered for the amazingly talented, exceedingly gracious, humanitarian… not the freak he became at the end.

It is also my hope that his name is exonerated from the child molestation b.s. that I never once believed. As one other forum poster stated, if those were my kids NO money would have settled the issue. None.

Very, very sad.

Of course, then there’s

Billy Jean

Black or White

We Are The World

Beat It

Dangerous

Can I continue?

I know, doing a list of only five is pretty much impossible! Here are some of my favs MJ songs with others including his sister Janet, the Jackson, and Paul McCartney:

Got To Be There

Heartbreak Hotel

Maybe Tomorrow

Scream

I Want You Back

I Wanna Be Where You Are

Say, Say, Say

I never believed the child molestation issue either. But I am a litttle shocked there aren’t other MJ fans amoung “old” folks who grew up at the same time he did.

• pathdr2b Said:
But I am a litttle shocked there aren't other MJ fans amoung "old" folks who grew up at the same time he did.

From what I have read online, and in game with my son, many who are old enough to remember him and his music from the '80s are/were 1) staying away from the controversy surrounding his life for the past 10 years, 2) uncomfortable with his gyrations in concerts and videos 3) never fans in the first place.

For me, I've been able to separate what the media states and inflames vs. what I believe to be true based on many various sources.

No matter what, it is a tragedy. I had looked forward to his upcoming tour, and had hoped for a return to the MJ that I danced, hopped, skipped, ran, biked, and relaxed to.
  • jkp2117 Said:
From what I have read online, and in game with my son, many who are old enough to remember him and his music from the '80s are/were 1) staying away from the controversy surrounding his life for the past 10 years, 2) uncomfortable with his gyrations in concerts and videos 3) never fans in the first place.

And I can't let myself forget just how "conservative" the medical professions is too,lol.

I wasn’t a Michael Jackson (MJ) fan that is until the song Beat It came out. I’m more of a Rock and Roll person. I thought if Eddie Van Halen can work with MJ then I can give a listen.

At the end of this school year, I implemented MJ into my biology lesson plan at a predominantly hispanic high school. I was trying to teach the word “stimuli”. I told the class that whenever I hear a Michael Jackson song, I want to do the moonwalk. I had my itunes at the ready on Don’t Stop’til You Get Enough. I said to the class, “Now remember, ‘stimuli’ are events that influence behavior; so, when I play the Michael Jackson song, I want to do the moonwalk.” When I pressed play, a Guns and Roses song starts to play.

• eagleeye Said:
I wasn't a Michael Jackson (MJ) fan that is until the song Beat It came out. I'm more of a Rock and Roll person. I thought if Eddie Van Halen can work with MJ then I can give a listen.

At the end of this school year, I implemented MJ into my biology lesson plan at a predominantly hispanic high school. I was trying to teach the word "stimuli". I told the class that whenever I hear a Michael Jackson song, I want to do the moonwalk. I had my itunes at the ready on Don't Stop'til You Get Enough. I said to the class, "Now remember, 'stimuli' are events that influence behavior; so, when I play the Michael Jackson song, I want to do the moonwalk." When I pressed play, a Guns and Roses song starts to play.

Cool story! As a former musician, I can appreciate the song Beat it and I have it in my workout playlist!!
  1. Shake Your Body

2. I Want You Back

3. Billie Jean

4. Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough

5. Wanna Be Startin’ Something

6. ABC

7. Got to Be There