For those who have Forgotten Algebra...

I start Trig next Monday. What should I review before? After that I start Chemistry and Physics in the Fall as well. Any help is appreciated!

You will probably get a chance to review whatever you need in your course, but you should review:

1. Review your basics like radicals and exponents - all the rules for multiplying and dividing.

2. Review quadratic equations

There is a guy who writes really easy to read books on math for non-mathy types. His name is W. Michael Kelley. His “Humungous Books…” are really good for self-teaching while working on math courses. He saved me in Calculus. He has algebra books, too.
  • Megsmed Said:
You will probably get a chance to review whatever you need in your course, but you should review:

1) Review your basics like radicals and exponents - all the rules for multiplying and dividing.

2) Review quadratic equations

There is a guy who writes really easy to read books on math for non-mathy types. His name is W. Michael Kelley. His "Humungous Books..." are really good for self-teaching while working on math courses. He saved me in Calculus. He has algebra books, too.

I remember that my intro chem book and physics as well had a math review section in the appendix. i am sure that there must be some websites specifically outlining review for freshman chem.

I took trig last semester and was amazed by how many people in the class couldn’t remember how to factor, so I would recommend reviewing that. I would also recommend getting an algebra review book, and practice with that, if you feel uncomfortable with algebra. It’s probably a good idea to have a solid algebra background for physics and chem too,so it can’t hurt. Good luck!

“Forgotten Algebra” is actually a review book. But I’m so (not) clever that the way I worded the subject was confusing. But I DO have the latest edition of “Forgotten Algebra” and if anyone else has it, which units would be best?

Actually, go give this site a look. I saw it the other day mentioned on a tech site I read.

http://www.khanacademy.org/

The guy has over 1000-lectures online, and they are actually very good…lots of math and sciences.