Free dinner entree for veterans

McCormick and Schmick is a high-end restaurant that is nation-wide and thanks veterans for their service by offering them a free dinner entree (worth $20-$40 by their regular prices) on the Sunday before Veteran’s Day, which is this Sunday, Nov 6th. You must show your DD214 to be eligible (active duty members are not eligible). My husband and I went couple of years ago and are planning on going this year with my mom.

Just thought I would pass on the info.

Take care,

Tara

McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants, Inc. Salutes U.S. Military Veterans

Monday October 24, 9:00 am ET

Popular Sunday event enables veterans’ families to dine together

PORTLAND, Ore.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Oct. 24, 2005–McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants, Inc. (NASDAQ: MSSR - News) today announced that its seafood restaurants nationwide will offer all U.S. military veterans a free entree on Sunday, Nov. 6, 2005, in appreciation for their service to our country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Due to the success of last year’s event, McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants will hold this year’s Veterans Appreciation event on the Sunday prior to the Veterans’ Day holiday to enable families to dine together with the veterans in their lives.

“We’re proud to continue McCormick & Schmick’s tradition of showing appreciation for the veterans who have served our nation so well,” said Doug Schmick, co-founder of McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants. “What better way to connect with our community and show thanks to our veterans than by providing them with the opportunity to enjoy quality time with their loved ones in a place that offers a lively atmosphere and exquisite food for the entire family.”

As in past years, McCormick & Schmick’s will offer this program to those defined as a veteran by the Veterans Administration, Title 38 US Code 101, which is a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable. All veterans must show proper identification.

“The response to our annual veterans program has been overwhelming,” added Schmick. “Year after year, it warms our hearts to hear from countless guests who have shared stories about their experience visiting one of our restaurants on this special day.”

McCormick & Schmick’s Veterans Appreciation program began as a small grassroots effort at just one restaurant in 1999. Due to its overwhelming popularity and the positive response the company has received from veterans, the program has expanded nationwide. The McCormick & Schmick’s Veterans Appreciation program has been lauded by President George W. Bush and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, as well as a number of state veterans departments.

About McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants, Inc.

McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants, Inc. is a leading national seafood restaurant operator in the affordable upscale dining segment. Over the past 33 years, it has successfully grown to 57 restaurants in 24 states by focusing on serving a broad selection of fresh seafood. McCormick & Schmick’s inviting atmosphere and high quality, diverse menu offering and compelling price-value proposition appeals to a diverse base of casual diners, families, travelers and the business community.

For more information on McCormick & Schmick’s, please visit www.McCormickandSchmicks.com.

there is something to be said for paying attention when you are scanning posts… i thought this one said “free dinner entree for VEGETARIANS”.
but, my mis-read got me to open it up (trying to find out why vegs get to eat free, and if i have to be a vegan or if lacto ovo would suffice)…
obviously, it has nothing to do with vegetarians and everything to do with veterans! and i have to say, that this is soooooooo awesome! what a great idea, and kudos to McCormick and Schmick. i’ve not heard of them, but what a generous thing to do!