Getting Started

Hi. My name is Craig. I’m 31 years old, and after 6 years of obsessing about it, I’ve finally decided to take steps towards medical school. I’ve been blessed with an amazing, supportive wife who has agreed to help me make this happen.

Everything has happened so fast. It was only about 2 months ago that we decided to make this happen, and since then, we’ve put our house on the market, found a renter, and moved halfway across the state to Lubbock, Texas. In this time, I’ve applied to Texas Tech as a Biology major, worked through an entire Chemistry book on my own, taken 2 placement tests, and registered for classes.

And now, in just a little over a month, I’ll finally be back in school, working my way towards a career in medicine. At the earliest, I’ll be starting med school at the age of 33, graduating at 37, and finishing up residency somewhere around 40-42.

I’m excited about this new chapter of my life, and I joined the site in hopes of meeting and chatting up other people who are going through the same thing. So please feel free to drop me a line!!

Thanks,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Welcome to OPM! Now take a breathe! It’s good that you are working towards this with some energy, but be careful not to burn out. Enjoy the ride, while it is good to have a goal…don’t miss out on the steps you take to get there.