Good and bad

I hope this doesn't look too whiny but this was a weird week and I feel the need to share.
The bad was that my stomach sent me to the ER and then I had an endoscopy on Friday. The good was it turned out to be some gastric erosions that can heal pretty quickly. The other cool thing, and this may be strange, was I watched the endoscopy and might end up shadowing the doc who did it.
Thanks.

QUOTE (Calvin -- in a box by the river @ May 24 2003, 11:38 PM)
I hope this doesn't look too whiny but this was a weird week and I feel the need to share.
The bad was that my stomach sent me to the ER and then I had an endoscopy on Friday. The good was it turned out to be some gastric erosions that can heal pretty quickly. The other cool thing, and this may be strange, was I watched the endoscopy and might end up shadowing the doc who did it.
Thanks.

Hehe, it's amazing how things work out isn't it??? Good luck, I hope you heal quickly AND you get to shadow the doc.

Yowch! I hope you feel better soon!
Aren’t endoscopies amazing???
I jokingly asked my kids pedi if I could count my time in his office as shadowing after our 3rd visit in two weeks. My kids have a very tenacious strep thing going on. Turns out it’s resistant to the basic antibiotic, but fortunately it’s not too nasty (virulent). By the way, he said yes! biggrin.gif
Get well soon!
Theresa

The other cool thing, and this may be strange, was I watched the endoscopy

LOL that is classic. I saw some of my colonoscopy, including the part where they took a biopsy. Thanks to the Versed, my reaction was "Huh, cool." When I had ankle surgery six years ago, as the surgeon was leaving the OR he said, "I'll go talk to your husband," and I replied, "Be sure and bring the x-rays, he wants to see them!" (and no, my husband is not a doctor but he gets into this stuff) biggrin.gif
Hope you feel better!

Cool is right! I once got to see the inside of my bladder on a BIG screen…LOL! Ureters doing their thing; thankfully normal. How cool is that?! biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif