These are the specifics of my case.
Completed 10+2 years of studying in 1999
Completed my Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science(10+2+4) in 2003.
Been working as a software engineer since 2003.
So as you can see, since 1999 onwards i have had no touch with Biology/Chem/Physics.
All my studying has been abroad.
I have a few questions, some of which may seem very basic, because I’m not familiar with US universities. So please bear with me.
- Can I get a superset list of the subjects/credits that should be studied in the pre med post bac program that would qualify me for most med schools.
- How long does it take to comeplete the post bac if done:
a) thru an informal DIY way
b) thru a regular course.
- Can I get a website(s) which lists out universities with good DIY post bac programs.
- If I choose to do the DIY post bac program, how would I do the laboratory experiments that are part of Bio/Chem/Phy ?
- What is the shortest way to complete the postbac program ? And how long is the shortest way…1 year or more ?
- A fear I have about the DIY post bac program is that I may be able to sit at home, study and get good scores, but may miss out on critical MCAT preparation tips and guidance that can be obtained by a formal post bac course.
How true/warranted is this fear ?
Thanks in advance.