Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone!
I’m excited this morning 'cus I just realized this is the year I finish my last prereq (org II), take the MCAT and apply to med school! At long last!!! biggrin.gif
What’s in store for you guys??
Theresa

Hey Theresa, me too! Organic II, MCAT, and applications are all I have left too. Time to start writing that personal statement…Also ahead in the new year, my partner and I have been talking about moving in together. Pretty big stuff. : )
happy new year to all!
Beth

Hi! This is the year I start my prereqs. Chem I begins later this month. I'm so excited!
If you'd told me in high school I'd be all excited about studying chemistry, I'd never have believed it. I'm not sure I'd have believed it just a few months ago.
Wheeeeee!

Congratulations to you all, and to Beth and Theresa…how is it to see the light at the end of the tunnel and have it not be a train? Good luck on the MCAT…we'll be rootin for ya's.
Right now the tunnel is pretty long for me, but I am so looking forward to using my brain again and actually learning something new.
Best of wishes and good luck in the new year.
Tim

If you'd told me in high school I'd be all excited about studying chemistry, I'd never have believed it. I'm not sure I'd have believed it just a few months ago.

Wow. I hear that. If you had told me then I'd be doing this I would have thought you were out of your mind. Bio 2 starts this week and I CANNOT WAIT.
www.alysonchadwick.com

"What does the New Year hold for you?"
It truly seems like yesterday that I was contemplating pre-reqs and starting to plan my strategy for med school…
when I flipped over the calendar and started writing “2003” on checks, I realized - OMG I GRADUATE FROM MEDICAL SCHOOL NEXT YEAR (sorry but I am yelling). I cannot believe it. Of course I probably won’t be able to believe it even when I am holding the diploma in my hand.
I have been networking with other OPMs since we were a little group on the Princeton Review discussion board. I will say that y’all are at least part of the reason why time has flown by - this has been a fun journey.

This is the year that two of my life's driving passions come to fruition. 1 - I will become a physician…something I thought I had screwed up royally and would be able to attain.
2 - and far more importantly…I will become a father.
I cannot imagine too many things that pose a greater challenge, imply greater responsibility nor be more satisfying. And, without the unconditional love & support of my wonderful wife, Wendy, I would not have either of these to look forward too.
Oh, I can't forget to include the unconditional love & support from my furry son, Satchmo – the three-legged hellion that is our dog.

Hey All,
Happy New Year!!! This year starts with the second semesters of gen biology and inorganic chemistry. This after my succesful reentry into college with the acing of the first semester of general biology and a boost to my self confidence. Congratulations to all and good luck in the new year.

"What does the New Year hold for you?"
It truly seems like yesterday that I was contemplating pre-reqs and starting to plan my strategy for med school....
when I flipped over the calendar and started writing "2003" on checks, I realized - OMG I GRADUATE FROM MEDICAL SCHOOL NEXT YEAR (sorry but I *am* yelling). I cannot believe it. Of course I probably won't be able to believe it even when I am holding the diploma in my hand.
I have been networking with other OPMs since we were a little group on the Princeton Review discussion board. I will say that y'all are at least part of the reason why time has flown by - this has been a fun journey.

Thank you for this, Mary and Congrats on everything you've accomplished.
This might be random but has anyone in here read the book "Level 4; Virus hunters of the CDC"? One of the book's authors writes that she went back to med school late -- in Britain in the 60's I think and all medical schools to which she applied rejected her, except one and that one required her to get a letter from her husband saying he wouldn't divorce her if she went to med school. Yikes!

Oh yeah, I just had my husband put that one in writing last week!
Kidding! rolleyes.gif
Wouldn’t be doing it without 100% of his support, however, not with 3 kids! biggrin.gif
Org II starts tomorrow! AAATTAAACCKKK!!! ph34r.gif
Theresa ( and too much coffee…)

I feel like I am writing too much here lately – sorry about that.
There are a few non school things that I want to do this year – run a marathon (NY in November) and/or climb Aconcagua (December). They can both wait (my mountain plan really has that mountain being done in 2004).

The Aconcagua trip will be in December 2004. If any of you are interested – it will take about 2 weeks. I have about four people signed up now. The mountain itself is 22,804 (or something close to it).
I have planned a few of these trips, well 2, but they have gone pretty well and I am going to contact some UN offices there (I work at the UN now) to get their take on stuff.