Happy Spring break

Hi all,

I’m at the psychological half way-point of the smester, Spring Break. So far so good, I dont have the results from my mid terms yet but I feel good about them (famous last words…)

Physics is much more challenging than I anticipated. I am taking algebra based physics and it definitely takes work. I know form some fo the recent threads I am not the only one feeling the pain. FWIW my coping technique is to do as many problems as possible. We are using a McGraw-Hill textbook and through their website there are plenty of practice problems and quizzes.

Gen Chem II is going well, I enjoy the class and the labs. My other class is Complimentary and Alternative Medicine which is really fun. It is an overview of various CAM therapies some I’m a little suspect of but others are quite interesting.

Anyway hope you all have a good break. For me a break from school means a chance to pick up more shifts at work, and get some extra shadowing in. Onward and upward :-).

my break is already over and i am back at the grind - have been for a week and a half now enjoy it while it lasts he he. i am in phys 2 at the moment, and its draining me!

Ugh! Physics…

I never though that this would be harder then Ochem. God speed and good luck, my friend.

Remember to take some time for yourself. It’ll pay off in the end.

Spring break is over for me as well. I’ve got an A in Organic 1, an A in Microbiology, but it’s looking like I might end up with a B in A&P 1. I’ve been averaging 98% on the lecture exams, but we had a lab practical right before spring break that I made a 63% on. I could probably write a whole post about that thing, but the short version is that I don’t think there was a chance to make an A on the test. Anyhow, that puts me at an overall B in the course, and I’ll have to score 96+ on every subsequent exam just to bring my average up to a 90. Really bummed about that.

On the bright side, I did spend some of my spring break shadowing an ER attending at the state children’s hospital. It was a really fantastic experience. The doc I worked with was great and he really knew his stuff. Got to see some neat cases and a few really gnarly fractures as well.

• bennard Said:
Spring break is over for me as well. I've got an A in Organic 1, an A in Microbiology, but it's looking like I might end up with a B in A&P 1. I've been averaging 98% on the lecture exams, but we had a lab practical right before spring break that I made a 63% on. I could probably write a whole post about that thing, but the short version is that I don't think there was a chance to make an A on the test. Anyhow, that puts me at an overall B in the course, and I'll have to score 96+ on every subsequent exam just to bring my average up to a 90. Really bummed about that.

On the bright side, I did spend some of my spring break shadowing an ER attending at the state children's hospital. It was a really fantastic experience. The doc I worked with was great and he really knew his stuff. Got to see some neat cases and a few really gnarly fractures as well.

That won't sink the ship, if it does come to be. Just keep at it, and you might be able to pull it out!

“Physics is much more challenging than I anticipated. I am taking algebra based physics and it definitely takes work. I know form some fo the recent threads I am not the only one feeling the pain.”

You are definitely not alone here with physics!! I’ve never been so lost on the concepts yet all those around me, younger of course , are doing extraordinary. I’ve tried study groups but they’re too late in the evening for me

I hope Spring Break is/was restful!!