Haven't taken O-Chem, Biochem or Psych/sociology

Hello,

I am a second year premed student studying in Canada. I have decent extracurriculars, I have worked jobs that show growth and personal development on my resume. I have applied for many jobs on campus and extracurricular opportunities within my program department.

As I matriculated into a new program in my second year, I wasn’t able to take MCAT content courses such as psychology, sociology, and biochemistry. I did attempt to complete organic chemistry I, but dropped the course before I would face an academic penalty. I have successfully completed a full year course in biology, general chemistry. I’m currently enrolled in molecular biology II, I am enrolled in introductory physics I with lab.

I plan to learn all the MCAT content with the Princeton review books, use Anki as active learning, use UWorld as active recall, buy the AAMC practice tests and interweave my three free Princeton review tests while I practice my testing. I’ve already mapped out my weeks I will take to study, and I will be using the Kaplan MCAT summary to cover all bases.

Please feel free to give me any feedback and/or tips you have! I look forward to some replies hopefully.

Hi, Great that you are asking for advice here! It is a smart move.

The following are proven study tips and preparation strategies for improving performance on the MCAT.

-Start early.
-Begin your actual test preparation a 2 to 6 months prior to the test. Six months before test day take an initial diagnostic practice exam to see where you’re at.
-Do practice problems.
-The best way to enhance your critical thinking ability, as it relates to MCAT performance, is to do practice problems.
-Complete practice tests.
-The MCAT is 6 hours and 15 minutes – one of the longest and most rigorous graduate entrance exams. Completing several practice tests prior to test day will not only improve your critical thinking skills, it will help you build the mental stamina required to maintain your focus throughout the exam.
-Don’t just focus on your strengths.
-Use practice tests to help you identify where your strengths and weaknesses are. Then use this information to develop your study plan. The most effective plan will help you further develop your strengths and improve in your weaker areas.
-Don’t overload yourself.
-If you can plan ahead so that you can manage a lighter academic load during this period it will give you more time and mental ability to focus on MCAT preparation.
-Get expert advice. For example, we at Manhattan Elite Prep have many top-notch MCAT Tutors.

-Seek advice from people who’ve obtained a high score on the MCAT.

-Find out what study materials they utilized during their preparation and what preparation strategies they recommend.

You may even want to consider enrolling in a MCAT preparatory course at a test prep company. We can certainly offer a free consultation for you as well. Please contact us at info@manhattaneliteprep.com or just call or chat with us on our website.