Heard of any difficulty finding jobs...

I'm curious.
I truly want to become a doctor but the idea of taking on so much debt and maybe not being able to secure a position scares me!
I'm already considering a most precarious path - OB-Gyn - due to the rising cost of insurance…
Any answers would be appreciated.
BZMom4
Dance like no one's watching!

check out physicianspractice.com
It's a site devoted to the business aspects of medical practice, and there may be something there that would be helpful.

QUOTE (bzmom4 @ Oct 5 2002, 06:44 PM)
I'm curious.
I truly want to become a doctor but the idea of taking on so much debt and maybe not being able to secure a position scares me!
I'm already considering a most precarious path - OB-Gyn - due to the rising cost of insurance....
Any answers would be appreciated.
BZMom4
Dance like no one's watching!

Hi there,
I don't know of any unemployed OB-Gyn physicians. While medicine is not the ticket into the country club life that it once was, it is still a good living. This is a hard and difficult journey with plenty of uncertainty at the end but I can't say loud enough, how wonderful it is to practice medicine.
It is never going to be a "sure" thing and you are taking risks but to risk nothing is to gain nothing. There are other paths to making more money that have less risks but none comes even close to medicine in my opinion.
Natalie