hello again

Hello fellow opm’ers. after some time off I’m back and ready to get in the forum mix again! Thought i’d send an update in and I hope to get to know the new members who have joined since the last time. I finished the fall sem. with A’s in both Organic I and Biology I. currently taking Organic II and Bio II and doing fine so far… first organic test last night and it was slightly painful only b/c I knew the stuff just not the way it was being asked haha studying evolution in biology is kinda dull but other than that I’m stoked about coming up to my year anniversary where I got the bright idea to take this journey. it was around March and I think I can find it in my blog, which I also need to update. But my parents and I were walking downtown Dallas and having lunch during their spring break week and I just brought it up to them and I think they were a little wow’d at first but then they were all aboard! anyways, I’m happy to be here and hoping we can all encourage one another throughout this journey. I look on SDN and have posted some on there but I fear adcoms lurking alot as they may be on here as well.

• Miller J. Said:
Hello fellow opm'ers. after some time off I'm back and ready to get in the forum mix again! Thought i'd send an update in and I hope to get to know the new members who have joined since the last time. I finished the fall sem. with A's in both Organic I and Biology I. currently taking Organic II and Bio II and doing fine so far... first organic test last night and it was slightly painful only b/c I knew the stuff just not the way it was being asked haha studying evolution in biology is kinda dull but other than that I'm stoked about coming up to my year anniversary where I got the bright idea to take this journey. it was around March and I think I can find it in my blog, which I also need to update. But my parents and I were walking downtown Dallas and having lunch during their spring break week and I just brought it up to them and I think they were a little wow'd at first but then they were all aboard! anyways, I'm happy to be here and hoping we can all encourage one another throughout this journey. I look on SDN and have posted some on there but I fear adcoms lurking alot as they may be on here as well.

Hey Miller, congrats on your Orgo 1 & Bio 1 grades! Feel free to tell me all about organic since I'll be taking Orgo 1 myself next fall at UCSB...can't wait, sounds like organic is actually interesting, unlike general.

Tim- thanks friend what have you been up to yourself? I remember seeing something like you were taking some time off school ?? how’s that going if it is ? just plugging away at work the good thing is we’re about to adopt a “work remote” full time policy at my job so i’ll be at home most likely. will find out today at 1 pm CST. so i’ll let you guys know. that would totally help especially if I end up needed to take a class during the day maybe I can slip away for just enough time to do so without them noticing too much and should facilitate for some good MCAT prep when i’m not too busy either. the biggest challenge I find myself having is actually DOING the studying. I have all the time in the world avail to me but don’t take advantage of it… need to get motivated… what are the tips for that ha!

haha Tim a motivator indeed! so do they require a year of calc out there in CA? TX requires a semester of it so I’ll be taking the plunge sometime after I tackle physics (the algebra based one) haha sounds like you have things going nicely my friend. do you know what yr you’ll plan to apply and take the MCAT?