Hello All!

Hey oldpremedders,

Thought I’d drop an intro since I registered today to make my first post after reading this forum over the past 1.5 years or so.

I’m 23 and married (1 year this coming July!); no kids yet (and probably not for a little while now!)

Graduated with a BA in Psych at 21 from a Cal State U and have worked in mental health/psychiatric acute care since. While I was in school I was sure set on pursuing greater education and work in the field of psychology, but a variety of factors including my deep interest in medicine/psychiatry changed that. I recently turned down a couple grad programs for psych and decided to take the plunge back into undergrad to begin fulfilling my prereqs this Spring.

Currently doing prereqs at the U of Utah (go Utes!) and loving it. Fighting the FUD of course from time to time, but I have to admit these forums have been a great source of motivation and inspiration for me to work hard and go all out. “This is a marathon, not a race!”

koruca

Awesome! And thanks for registering, there’s “strength in numbers” you know

Fire away any questions or little tid bits of advice you may have. You never know who it might help or impact along the way.

Cheers!

We look forward to having you around. Another 23 year old here representing(although I turn 24 tomorrow, so I’m not sure that counts).

There are a lot of people here willing to give valuable advice and opinions that can be extremely helpful on your journey, so don’t be afraid to speak up.

Welcome to OPM! We look forward to sharing in your journey… thanks for speaking up and introducing yourself. I have found this forum to be my “home base” of all things pre-med. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found help, wisdom, and encouragement here. You are definitely among kindred spirits!

(And Happy Early Birthday, Indie!)

Thanks for the warm reception, guys!

And, Happy Birthday Indie!