Hello...and a question.

Hello Everyone.

This is such a cliche for new members, but I have to say it again. This is a wonderful network and I am so happy to know I am not alone. The feeling of being alone and singled out with my aspirations is probably the main reason for not having made the right moves so far. I am now ready to stop thinking about everything else not in my control and just do it…one step at a time. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone here for being such heroes in your own ways.

I am awaiting confirmation from my state school for an informal Post Bacc program starting this fall to help address my pre-reqs.

On those lines, anyone here start the journey to MD with an under-grad degree from a different country? My undergraduate major in Physics is not from the US and I am using the Post Bacc not only as a refresher but also to hopefully bridge the gap. I have my foreign degree evaluated by US evaluation agency, per the recommedation from my school advisor. Any one here have experiences in terms of how a foriegn undergrad degree augmented with a Post Bacc from the US fits in with the AMCAS?

Thanks!

First welcome!

I’m only answering this so it can stay bumped to the top.

I think that you might have difficulties with a degree from another country. I think the best thing that you can do at this point is to contact AMCAS about your foreign degree and see if it will be accepted. I’m leaning more toward not than yes…only from what I’ve seen at my local community college. We’ve had a number of foreign nationals come to the school to redo many of the classes they already took as part of their home degree because the schools/licensing board/whatever, would not accept a non-US degree. I think that the only country that might not have to go through this is Canada.

I would strongly suggest that you contact AMCAS before you progress any further…you may need to start from step 1.

Best of luck!