Hello everyone!

Hello!!!

I’m a 37 year old guy; married to a wonderful and beautiful emergency room nurse, and we’re the proud parents of a little boy (4) and a little girl (1), I’ve worked as a radiology technologist for the last 9 years, and in the last two as a Lithotripsy Tech, I’m currently working on my Bachelor’s in Science degree (Health Science Major). A few years after I started working in the medical field; I started developing a true interest for medicine, and today I feel quite passionate about it, at this point in my life I feel that I still have a lot to give and I’m seriously considering medical school, my wife supports me 100%, the only thing that makes me question my decision (sometimes) is my age, but then I look at very inspirational stories of people who have started medical school after 40, and have succeeded!..I’ll be 39 before 'I’m ready to go to med school…so I guess my question is: [highlight=yellow]Am I too old for med school???

The replies are truly appreciated…

Thanks for reading…

Greetings! This post may fare a little better in the Premedical Discussion folders, and I’d encourage you to check that out. But short answer is NO, you’re not too old. I’m about your age, and I’m getting ready to start my 2nd year of medical school. I’ve got a classmate who is 43. There are a number of people on this forum older than that who are in various stages of the process.

If it’s something you’re driven to do, then I believe you can accomplish it no matter your age. Best of luck!

Hi 41 year old. Last year of med school. I am not the oldest in my class.

So the bottom line, starting at 40 or so is not too old. Many of us are in the same boat. Age is not the issue. Drive, commitment and often personal life are the most important aspects. If you are ready to do what it takes to be successful, then go for it. Plus if your wife is on board, then I’d say you have already won 50%+ of the battle.

Good luck.